Sports Leader Position Available
PROGRAM LEADER – PADDLING INSTRUCTOR/CLUB BASED
As part of Canoe Kayak Saskatchewan (CKS), the Regina Marathon Canoe Club (RMCC) is a local not for profit community group with a goal of promoting personal excellence in long distance marathon paddling. RMCC offers fitness, marathon and long-distance paddling programs in the Regina and Area Community. We train and develop competitive and recreational coaches, youths and adults for competitive, recreational and fit-for-life paddling.
By joining our team, you are committed to being adaptable and flexible, willing to tackle opportunities as well as challenges with creativity and a positive attitude. You are passionate, enthusiastic, result driven and a creative thinker. You work collaboratively with others and act, focussing on solutions within your scope of knowledge. You are open to sharing your perspective in other areas and continually seek to broaden your experiences and knowledge to increase your overall contribution.
- Applicant must have smartphone for phone use and with data plan that is capable of connecting to Google gmail and related applications (at their own expense);
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in secondary or post-secondary education;
- Applicant must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment**; and,
- Applicant have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Sport Program Director – National Paddling Championship
- Regina Marathon Canoe Club Board of Directors
- Sport Coordinator – Paddling
Specific tasks of this position include:
- provide onsite leadership and supervision of the paddling program;
- working closely with the National Paddling Championship Program Leader, Paddling Instructor and RMCC Board of Directors to organize and manage a paddling test event in preparation for the 2022 Canadian Marathon Canoe Nationals;
- assist with the development of an innovative, digital, cloud based media platform showcasing and celebrating club successes and opportunities;
- as a member of the RMCC nationals team, assist in drafting a procedures manual outlining the framework to run a national paddling event;
- manage the boat house, including setting up and communicating paddling partners, and ensuring all equipment is available and in good repair for members;
- adapt and incorporate new health guidelines and recommendations into current program planning as they become available (ie sanitation of equipment, physical distancing while retrieving equipment);
- coordinate, execute and communicate, both in writing and verbally the clubs COVID-19 policies and procedures to members and participants;
- develop an inventory system that maintains accurate records of equipment use;
- actively participate in fixing and repairing equipment, learning skills from those in current position;
- assist with communication, hosting, and marketing, of all club programming through the club’s social media as directed by the National Paddling Championship Program Leader;
- assist in the delivery and evolution of innovative club paddling programming aimed at seniors, new Canadians and existing club members;
- others tasks as assigned by direct and indirect supervisors.
- paddling experience would be an asset;
- lifeguarding experience would be an asset
- Client Services – interacting with others
- Communication – Oral and written
- Leadership – inspiring others
- Digital skills
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in secondary or post-secondary education with specific interest in Kinesiology, Sport Administration, Recreation Management, Recreation and Community Development, Health Promotion, Education or related field
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org